Sunday, July 20, 2008

027: Talking to E

Yes: 7 votes
No: 2 votes
GR was very bored. He turned to Amos and said, "I'm going to talk to that woman, I am."

"Shrugs," replied Amos, who reclined in his seat and went to sleep.

GR made his way up the bus to the woman, and sat down next to her.

"How about this trip, eh?" he said, "This has got to be the longest bus ride I've ever been on, and I didn't bring anything to do. I'm bored as all get out."

The woman turned to him, "We just left."

"I know, but really, I'm so bored. So, what's your name?"

The woman paused and turned to the window. She sighed and said, "E. You may call me E. I know who you are, young man. I know full well who you are."

GR froze. "What do you mean?"

"I know who you are. I know what you do. I know what you've done. I know why you're on this bus. I know everything about you and your friend."

GR's mind had begun to race. He was beginning to regret talking to E. He would try to bluff his way out of this: "What do you mean? We're just two guys, on our way to South Carolina for a business trip. On business. We're going there on business."

E turned to him and smiled, "Don't worry. I'm here to help you."

GR arched his eyebrow and asked, "Are you one of us, then? A member of the Paci Custodis?"

She shook her head, "I'm something different."

"Civilians and super-heroes aren't really allowed to get caught up in this."

"I'm above those as well."

"What are you, then?"

"I have no reason to tell you that."

"You have no reason not to tell me that."

E laughed. "You'll find out in time. I know this for a fact, because whichever path you take, my true self will be revealed to you. As much as I don't like it, I need you and your friend right now."

GR thought about this for a moment. "Us in particular or just two guys who shoot things?"

"Any number of guys who shoot things," said E with a smile, "I can make do with you and him, though."

GR nodded and began to look out the window. After a few minutes he sighed, and looked at E again. "Why are you wearing a hood?"

"Would you like to see?"

"Hey, I don't want any funny business. I've got me a lady, somewhere out there."

"It's nothing like that."

"Okay then. Let's see."

E pulled back her hood, revealing her hair.

At first, GR was confused as to why this was a big deal. Then he noticed that the hair kept changing its color. E pulled the hood back over it.

"You're not a supernatural, are you?" said GR.

"Nothing like that. If I were you, I would keep a close eye on the driver. I think there's something off about him."

GR nodded and went back to his seat. Amos was still asleep, which allowed GR to put his mind to the question at hand. Should he ignore E's warning and the bus driver as well? Perhaps he should try to be subtle about it, and watch the driver from here. Then again, perhaps he should make sure the bus driver knows that he's being watched. He was sure he had plenty of time to think about this.

What should GR do?

-Ignore the bus driver
-Watch the bus driver from afar
-Watch the bus driver more closely

No comments: